Found in 91 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists primarily of the personal photographs of a Dayton, Ohio, family in the early 20th century. Subjects include leisure activities (hunting, boating, camping, and playing music, etc.), travel (throughout Ohio and beyond), and family reunions.
Katharine Houk Talbott founded the Garden Club of Dayton in 1922. The Club's goal is to promote and encourage the beautification of not only their privately owned gardens, but also the gardens and environment of Oakwood, Ohio and the surrounding Dayton area. This collection contains scrapbooks, photographs, publications, as well as information on community projects, and an administrative/organizational series.
The Greenview Garden Club, established 1957, is located in Englewood, Ohio. This collection is comprised of meeting minutes, agendas, letters, photographs, awards and scrapbooks created by the Greenview Garden Club. These materials date from 1957-2016. Also included in this collection are records of the work of Greenview Garden Club Members volunteering for the Stillwater Sanitarium and the creation and maintaining of the Herb Garden at Aullwood Farms.
The collection consists of one photographic album that depicts Gunermann's early flying career, parachuting, flight school and barnstorming. It provides valuable insight on the aviation community in pre-Nazi and early Nazi Germany. Most of the photographs in the collection are identified and dated (1918-1936).
The scrapbook commemorates a celebration of life of a distinguished African-American author from Yellow Springs, Ohio, Virginia Hamilton. The celebration of life was held October 29, 2005, at the Yellow Springs Community Library.
Homer and Elsie Hardy lived in Dayton, Ohio, but travelled the world in the 1920s and 1930s, possibly as part of Homer's job as a manager in the foreign department of the Delco-Light Company. The Homer and Elsie Hardy Collection contains 8 scrapbooks and numerous other postcards and photographs documenting their family life and travels.
Edith Holsinger was an English teacher, teaching at both Fairmont West High School and Barnes Jr. High School. In 1964, Holsinger aided in the creation of the Kettering Teachers Union and was an active participant until her retirement. The collection consists of administration papers, newsletters, and personal correspondence.
The Inland Children’s Chorus was sponsored by the Inland Manufacturing Division of the General Motors Corporation from 1936-1970 and open to children (ages 8-16) of Inland employees. The Chorus was a unique contribution by American industry to young people, the community, and the performing arts. The collection includes programs from their concerts, photographs, books, newspaper and periodical clippings, certificates, and memorabilia all donated by former members of the Chorus.