Found in 199 Collections and/or Records:
The Dayton City Beautiful Council was organized in the mid-1960s as a volunteer adjunct to city government to help make Dayton a more livable, attractive community. Records consist of Executive Board, staff, and membership meeting minutes, and correspondence. Topics covered include recycling, urban beautification, and community planning.
Records include annual reports, programs, meeting minutes, membership records, and scrapbooks containing clippings and photographs pertaining to the club's activities. Founded in 1907, the Dayton Federation of Women's Clubs is an amalgamation of Dayton area women's organizations and is engaged locally in charitable, educational and social activities.
Founded in 1921 with an endowment from the National Cash Register Company and John H. Patterson, the Dayton Foundation serves as a public trust fund and distributes grants to various community organizations and projects. Records consist of minutes of the Distribution Committee, financial records, annual reports, correspondence, and printed materials.