CivO. Civic Organizations
Found in 184 Collections and/or Records:
Established in 1907, the College Women's Club of Dayton (CWC) continues to meet monthly during the fall, winter, and spring months for the purpose of uniting "alumnae of institutions of higher learning, and to foster an interest in higher education." The club continues to promote higher education, offer continuing education through study groups, and encourage service to the community. The collection contains financial, administrative, and membership records.
Consists of reports, correspondence, newsletters, bulletins, legal briefs, and files of a citizen's group formed to prevent the City of Dayton from cutting trees in a city park.
Community Research, Inc. was a privately funded think tank formed in 1957 to study and recommend solutions to problems facing metropolitan Dayton. Records include annual reports, Board meeting minutes, and evaluations of community programs. Another series of records focuses on the organization's role in the federal government's Pilot Cities Program in Dayton in the early 1970s and includes Board meeting minutes, correspondence, grant proposals, reports, and evaluations of funded programs.
The records concern the founding and first years of the Trailsend Club of Dayton. Mr. Compton kept very good records of the early organization of the Club, meeting minutes, member bulletins, finances, and much more. Of particular interest are the records concerning the purchase and transformation of former Ohio Governor James Cox's mansion known as Trailsend into an exclusive social club.
The Dayton Peace Process was an offshoot of the Dayton Peace Accords that brought an end to the fighting in the former Yugoslavia. The Peace Process worked to bring Miami Valley businesses in contact with clients in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and several other eastern European countries. Eventually Dayton: A Peace Process became the Dayton Literary Peace Prize. The first Peace Prize was awarded to President Bill Clinton.
Dayton Alumnae Panhellenic Association (DAPA), founded in 1931, is a Dayton-based organization, affiliated with the National Panhellenic Conference. Membership is composed of representative alumnae from all 26 NPC member groups represented throughout the Dayton area. The collection includes administrative, financial, and event files.
Formed in 1943 by a group of local film makers, the Dayton Amateur Movie Makers Club's records consist of meeting minutes, membership lists, newsletters containing club programs, correspondence, and several films produced by club members.
Collection consists of various financial records such as Treasurer's reports, bank statements, and proposed budgets. There is also internal correspondence, which includes meeting agendas and minutes, letters, and handouts.