RR. Railroad and Canal History
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Collection consists of black and white, 8x10 photographs of the dedication ceremony of the Barney & Smith Co. First Class Railroad Car. Dayton, Carillon Historical Park; 1996.
The collection consists of interurban train schedules for cities in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin. The schedules include information about the train lines, arrival and departure times, stations, distances, and sometimes fares, as well as advertisements and often a short business directory for the particular city. The advertisements were sold by L. M. Berry, later founder of L. M. Berry and Company, an extremely successful telephone directory publishing company.
Canal Society of Ohio Collection, Wright State University, Gift of H.R. Valley, 7/1/92, 1 roll of microfilm, Investigation-Public Works, O. (This is likely a microfilm copy of MS-219.)
Contains newspaper clippings, circulars, documents, and business letters from the scrapbook of an early president of the CH and D Railroad. Another group of materials consists of copies of articles from the American Railroad Journal (1847-1855) which pertain to railroads in the Miami Valley. See also MS-6.
Contains newspaper clippings, circulars, documents, and business correspondence from the scrapbook of Stephen Satterly L’Hommedieu (1806-1875), an early president of the C.H. and D. Railroad. Another group of materials consists of copies of articles from the American Railroad Journal (1847-1855) pertaining to railroads in the Miami Valley area.
Collection is an accumulation of records from four Dayton streetcar companies: the City Railway Company, the Dayton Street Railway, the Oakwood Railway Company, and the Peoples Railway Company. Records include operating reports, schedules, financial records, a study of Dayton's interurban transit system, printed materials, maps, and miscellaneous items.
Book produced by the Germantown Historical Society containing photocopies of records of two railroads that operated in the Germantown area during time period 1880-1884.