Found in 33 Collections and/or Records:
The collection contains a scrapbook featuring newspaper clippings (articles, photographs, and advertisements) reporting the impact of the 1937 Ohio River flood on Cincinnati, Ohio, and surrounding areas in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. It also contains a special edition Cincinnati Times-Star newspaper about the flood.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), Xenia, Ohio Records document the efforts of this local women’s organization. The branch was formed in 1948 in hopes of broadening the opportunities of women in universities. This collection contains administrative records, meeting minutes, treasurer’s reports, fundraising resources, event papers, correspondence, scrapbooks, and newspaper clippings.
The scrapbook contains approximately 62 original photographs depicting the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School in Lincoln, Nebraska; the Fairchild factory at Hagerstown, Maryland; as well as scenes at Niagara Falls and Dayton, Ohio. Also included are several clippings from The Philadelphia Inquirer's U.S. Warplane Series (Nos. 7-24).
Records include annual reports, programs, meeting minutes, membership records, and scrapbooks containing clippings and photographs pertaining to the club's activities. Founded in 1907, the Dayton Federation of Women's Clubs is an amalgamation of Dayton area women's organizations and is engaged locally in charitable, educational and social activities.
The Dayton Rose Society was organized in 1933, and these records contain the society’s monthly meeting minutes, events, news clippings, and photos from 1933 to 1959.
The Dr. Richard A. DeWall Papers contain material from Dr. DeWall’s lengthy career. Within the collection there are copies of publications, patent documentation, and presentation slides created by Dr. DeWall. The material mostly relates to Dr. DeWall’s invention of the bubble oxygenator. However, there are some materials from his efforts to create a medical school at Wright State University.
Explorer Post 72 was chartered in November 1958 by the First Presbyterian Church in Fairborn, Ohio, and was active until 2002. From 1971 onward, the group was coed, and members engaged in a variety of camping trips, outdoor activities, sports, and social gatherings. Records include administrative and financial records, files on trips and other activities, newspaper clippings, photographs and slides, and audiovisual materials.