Found in 66 Collections and/or Records:
Frank Krebs was a successful Dayton businessman, who was also politically active. Between 1942-1945, Krebs served as the Mayor of Dayton, and throughout his life held various political offices. The collection consists of personal correspondence, mayoral related materials, newspaper clippings and photographs.
The Miles S. Kuhns Papers consist mainly of correspondence related to Kuhns' political career. It contains many lobbying letters from citizens and organizations. Almost half of the collection relates to Kuhns' work with the Ohio Revolutionary War Memorial Commission. A third section consists of personal correspondence and ephemera Kuhns received throughout his career.
This is a collection of autobiographical letters written from various local Congressmen to Charles Lanman.
Consists of the League of Women Voter's publication, The Voter's Guide, which profiles candidates and issues before each general election. The issues on the microfilm span 1941-1981. See also MS-123.
Materials include published and unpublished histories of national and local league programs, various organizational and administrative materials, newsletters, bulletins, and files covering various issues studied by the League.
Program for the Lincoln Day Banquet given February 12, 1910 at Memorial Hall in Dayton.
The bulk of records in this collection were generated by the Socialist Party organization in Dayton from 1901-1924 and include membership meeting minutes, the minutes of various committees, financial records, and a listing of new members for the years 1906-1908 and 1912-1917. Also included is a small collection of Socialist Party literature, some state and national Party materials, and a miscellaneous collection of notices, handbills, correspondence, and photographs.
The Julius Maranze Papers deal with the legal disputes surrounding Dayton’s Old Courthouse and Cooper Park, resulting from the manner in which the properties were conveyed by Daniel C. Cooper in the early 19th century. Julius Maranze and his wife Pauline were leaders in the efforts to preserve the Old Courthouse and Cooper Park.