Wright Flying School
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Curtiss La Q. Day, an early American aviator, obtained his pilot's license at the Wright Brothers School in 1914. He was a flight instructor at several flight schools, including the Wright Flying School at Hempstead Plains, New York. Day was also a member of the Early Birds and his name appears on the Wright Memorial Plaque in Dayton. The collection consists of 79 photographs, 2 letters and a postcard.
The collection consists of seventy-five photographs from William H. Chisam’s time learning to fly at the Wright School of Aviation in Dayton, Ohio, and Augusta, Georgia, and his service during World War I as a member of the No. 3 Squadron of the Royal Naval Air Service. Chisam flew missions in France during World War I. These photographs are of Chisam and his friends in flying school, military aircraft in France, flying squadrons, and war damaged buildings.
: The Wright Company Glass Plate Negative collection consists of 92 glass plate negatives, and 10 film negatives relating to the Wright Company, the Wright School of Aviation, flights at Kitty Hawk, N.C., celebrations and aviation events, and a series of unidentified children.
The collection consists of 3 glass plate negatives, with copy prints, depicting the Wright Flyer at Huffman Prairie. The photos are believed to date to the time of the Wright School of Aviation, which operated at Huffman Prairie from 1910-1916. It is unclear whether Wilbur Wright or Orville Wright are depicted in any of the photos.
- Aeronautics -- United States -- History 2
- Air pilots 2
- Airplanes -- History 2
- Dayton (Ohio) -- History 2
- Glass plate negatives 2
- Photographs 2
- Aeronautics -- History -- 20th century 1
- Aeronautics -- Pictorial works 1
- Air pilots, Military 1
- Airplanes -- Design and construction 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Huffman Prairie (Ohio) 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Legal documents 1
- Minutes (administrative records) 1
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- History 1
- Negatives (photographs) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, British 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 1
- Wright Flyer (Airplane) 1 + ∧ less